Saturday 27 March 2010

How funky are these girls!


One tries to be organic; yeah, yeah - I eat brown rice and lentils and wear sandals, so what!

Back to the point. Apart from pigeons (watch this space!) my chief problem is slugs and snails. I won't use chemicals so what to do?

Enter Bev and Neil's chickens - they love all the titbits I collect up whilst working the plot. Result for all parties (apart from the slugs and snails that is!). Bev tells me they are getting some Light Sussex's ( southerners, huh!). My question is - will they eat caterpillars? The current lot don't - Neil and I tried last year but they didn't go down well. Back to the drawing board on this one!

Mark (I'm on the train!) Plot 17

1 comment:

  1. I tried a slug pub the other year but I'm sure it just made me more popular with the entire neighbouring population of slimy beasts. Ian, next to us, got some nemoatodes on the internet last year and I'm sure it's killed off ours as well - thanks Ian ;)Janicexx

    ReplyDelete